Wednesday, July 23, 2008

HOT Summer Days

We've been sweltering for days now with 95 degrees and higher! Luckily for us, we got some thunderstorms last night and today it's cloudy and overcast. But still humid outside, so the A/C is working like crazy.

Let's see... what have we been up to? Just typical stuff-- doctor's appointments (Libby's eye is recovering beautifully), errands, and trying to stay cool. I took L&D to the pool last week by myself and it was a little more difficult that I thought. At least one of our neighbors was there to help me get them in and out. Monday we went down to Alexandria to visit my fellow co-workers for lunch. L&D were so excited to have new territory to explore, but I was literally chasing Drew from eating dirt from plants, bending the blinds, and going into another room. Libby, on the other hand, just wanted me to hold her and SCREAMED if anyone else tried. That gets to be difficult when I had to run out to the van or go to the bathroom! Hopefully that stranger anxiety of hers will eventually diminish. Phew!

Saturday we went to a neighborhood block party for a family that is moving away. It was nice to see everyone, but it was SO hot. It was 97 that day and there was no shade! We were drenched and went over to the hose for "misting" every so often. Even the babies were drenched and had rosy cheeks. They were drinking water like crazy. Here are some photos from that day (how do you like my new haircut and highlights?)...


3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures and cute haircut! That was brave of you to attempt the pool alone! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pictures and your hair looks very nice! Maybe the cool weather in coming our way cause it was hot here too and then we are down to comfortable temps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hair Katie! I really like the highlights.
    I can't believe you braved the pool alone too, you are one brave mama.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...