Today our families in Louisiana will be so proud because Libby and Drew ate red beans and rice for the first time and LOVED it. I found some in the freezer and thought I'd give it a try. What a hit-- they kept asking for "more". Speaking of, today Libby put 2 signs together for the 1st time. She signed "more cracker" a few times. I was excited to see this new skill!
Later, I was cleaning up lunch and heard Libby screaming in the play area. I ran over and she had blood pouring out of her incision. OH NO! I turned to Drew, who has been having a VERY hard time sharing toys, but he wasn't talking!!! I bet he was thinking that this is a time when being so young with minimal verbal skills comes in handy.
Luckily, our next-door-neighbor and friend Andi (who is a nurse) was pulling out of her driveway. I ran out with Libby to see what I should do. She helped wipe off the blood (which really wasn't that much-- like when you prick your finger) and confirmed that she popped the bottom stitch. It clotted right away and was just a little red. I called the doctor and they basically said there was nothing they could do and not to worry about it unless it shows signs of infection. I was relieved to know that she wouldn't have to be re-stitched or anything!
Andi also recommended (as did her friend) a wonderful pediatric dentist in the area. I called today and got an appointment for tomorrow morning. I was happy to get in so soon. Infant and Toddler Connection is coming for the evaluation on Wednesday morning, too. So, it looks like Libby is having a full week!
Yikes. Its always scary to see your baby with blood on them! Hopefully it heals up just fine.
ReplyDeleteHope the appointments go well!
It's so wonderful that you're signing with them -- I want to see it!
ReplyDeleteAnd, man, that must have been really scary. I'm glad that she's alright. ♥