Thursday, February 25, 2010

Double Trouble

Libby and Drew have been home sick all week. :( We thought it was just the typical cold/bug with the coughing and runny nose. But Drew seemed to have it much worse. He had that barking cough for 2 days and has been miserable. He can't sleep, wants to be held constantly, and just cries that sad cry. I was really coddling him and trying to give Libby attention, but she didn't seem to be that sick. She finally came over to me when I was holding Drew and said, "Hold you, Mama" (which is how they ask to be held since we always asked them: "Mama hold you?"). She then added, "I you other kid, Mama." I looked at her and CRACKED up. Turns out, Drew was misbehaving one night last week after bath and wasn't cooperating to get his PJ's on. So, after running away for the millionth time, Libby and I started to read a story. He was not happy. When Libby and I were reading, he jumped up on us, and said, "Hey, I your other kid, Mama, wait for me!" We still don't know where he got that one from!

So, last night was awful as Drew felt so hot and screamed that his ear hurt. I'm so glad they are finally at a stage when they can tell me what's wrong. Of course, being a speech pathologist, I'm always concerned about their ears. We brought him into our bed and he could not get comfortable. Turns out that Libby was already in there with us. She coughed a lot, but wanted to talk about baby animals and how Daddy needed to buy a new fan - a big one. Perhaps she was having some good dreams? We thought it was funny. Well, she heard Drew talk about his ear, so she started saying hers hurt, too. I put a warm wet washcloth on Drew's ear and he finally fell asleep at 4:45 AM... for about 2 hours.

We called the pediatrician and got in for an appointment this morning. They were such angels and then we found out that they both have double ear infections- only Libby's looked worse! Plus she has some raspy breathing and needed a nebulizer breathing treatment right there. We got a machine to take home to give her treatments 4 times a day for the next few days. Luckily, she was a trooper and didn't mind it at all. The fact that it looked like a puppy dog mask helped, too. So, with a trip to the pharmacy and 4 prescriptions, we hope they are on the road to recovery very soon!

Here's my precious girl in the doctor's office:

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...