Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Trip to the Dentist

We FINALLY took Libby and Drew in for their first dental appointment yesterday. Libby had already been when she was a year old for her supernumerary tooth. But this was their first time having a full cleaning, x-rays, and fluoride treatment. Oh, and their first time flossing, too. I must admit that we have never flossed the kids and I know that is terrible. But we do make sure they brush really well twice a day.

They both had a really good checkup and were SO good. They met some friends there: "Mr. Thirsty" (suction), "Mr. Water", "Mr. Picture" (x-ray machine), and "Mr. Tickle Toothbrush". It was hard for Libby to understand how to bite down for the bite wing x-rays, but other than that, the hygientists all kept saying how good they were. I think reading lots of books about the trip helped. Luckily, I had just done a dentist unit with my students the week before, so I had things prepared. They loved the Dr. Drill n Fill play-doh set the best!

They were pleased as punch to get their own new toothbrushes, flossers, and treat from the treasure chest. They have been walking around brushing their teeth ever since. We love Dr. Britto, too. She was recommended by friends and plus she went to LSU, too. So brownie points for her! Her office staff was so friendly and the hygienists were great with the kids. Dr. Britto said that Libby's extra tooth isn't doing any harm, so unless it doesn't fall out on its own with her other baby teeth, there's no reason to remove it. She also said that Drew has a crossbite from sucking his thumb, but realizes that this is a really hard habit to break. I know since I sucked my thumb probably until I was about 8 years old!





1 comment:

  1. How great! I can SEE how good they were! YAY! I have to make B & F an appt. I am dreading it! Mark my words, I am not going to have the same experience. LOL I will try and prepare them like you did. Do you have dentist books I can borrow?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading about us! Please leave a comment because I read each and every one of them and will respond as often as I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...